The home advantage for cold and compression. Combines motorized cold therapy with active compression in a simple and compact system.
The Polar Care Wave system is ideal for facility and home use. Polar Care Wave is easily transported from the hospital, physical therapy clinic or athletic training room to the patient’s home, extending the benefits of cold and compression.
The unit is designed to reduce pain and edema to optimize patient recovery. Motorized cold therapy and compression devices, like Polar Care Wave, have also been shown to decrease narcotic use post-operatively.
The Polar Care Wave System is intended to treat post-surgical and acute injuries to reduce edema, swelling, and pain where cold and compression are indicated. It should be used by or on the order of licensed healthcare professionals, athletic trainers, physical therapists, or home use.
Features and Benefits
- Single patient use facility-to-home unit
- Remarkably easy to operate
- No additional barrier needed
- Ice bag accessory available for an easier way to refill system
- Varied levels of cold + compression settings
- Y-adapter for bilateral usage
- Multiple pad configurations
- Compact design facilitates transport
- System alone and system/pad combos available
- Hose-management storage system
- Whisper quiet pump technology encourages rest and recovery
- High-quality Breg Cold Compression Pads
- Class II 510(k) clearance
What's In The Box
- Breg Wave Cold Compression System
- Power Supply
- Instruction Manual
- Cold Therapy Pad (if selected from dropdown menu)
Adjustable compression therapy settings: Regular, Low, and Off
Regular = 50 mmHg average peak compression
Low = 25 mmHg average peak compression
Adjustable cold therapy settings: Regular, Low, and Off
Colder ≥ 45°F average operating temperature of the pad
Cold ≥ 50°F average operating temperature of the pad
It works great and makes a world of difference by decreasing my knee pain
Purchased for post rotator cuff surgery care. A full tear, a partial tear and bicep tenodesis. Surgery was on Tuesday afternoon. Did light to moderate ice therapy only (no compression)that evening and night. Started light compression after 24 hours. I wear the shoulder sleeve probably 20 hours a day at this point, with some combination of light, strong or no compression. Stopped meds on Saturday am. So basically three days. Amazing therapy! Machine is super quiet and does not bother spouse from noise in bedroom. Light enough to easily move around. About 5 hours of super cooled liquid, it will do another hour or two of coolish liquid. Easy to swap ice/water to refresh with a colander recycling old ice and adding more as needed. My pain/throbbing diminishes within minutes for applying the pad and machine.
At the price, worth every penny. SourceFitness was easy to deal with and shipped fast.